Some people call them reports. Others call them backgrounders. But for the most part, they’re all longer articles, about 6-10 pages, that you use for lead generation or later in the sales cycle, when your customer is deciding whether or not to go with your company.
I’m happy to take these longer articles off your hands and I’ll even help you brainstorm on topics if you’re fresh out of ideas.
For the most effective white papers, you need to do two things:
- Target the audience that will benefit the most
- Present your service or product as a solution without getting all salesy
How to Promote Your White Paper
You can use your white paper as premium content for an inbound marketing campaign by making it available for download after collecting an email address. You can also include it in a press kit or use it as a take-away at sales calls or trade shows. Or just share it online with no obvious strings attached.
How to Repurpose Your White Paper
To get the most out of your white paper, you can also try doing the following:
- Pull out nuggets from the white paper for a number of social media posts.
- Select highlights from the white paper and convert to a blog post.
- Use the information as an infographic if it includes compelling numbers.
- Use it to supplement content in a fact sheet.
- Include it in your press kit.
If you have an idea for a white paper, let’s talk. If you know you want a white paper, but you haven’t figured out a topic yet, that’s fine too. Just contact me to get started.
Ready to Generate Quality Leads?
You’re on your way to writing a great white paper that will help you generate quality leads. Enjoy!