White Paper/Ebook Writing Services
White papers are a great way to position your company as a thought leader and to generate leads.
But they’re also complicated projects that require someone with the writing chops and project management skills to ensure you get what you want.
As a freelance white paper writer with a journalism background, I can help. I’ll tell your story in a compelling, non-salesy way, so that you’ll come across as an authority, not a used car salesman.
I also help guide the white paper process so it’s a smooth, well-managed project — and completed on time.
White Paper Action Plans
Every white paper needs a good plan to succeed. Before I write your white paper, I create an action plan, based on a conversation with you and key stakeholders, that maps out some of the following:
- Target audience
- Business goals
- Samples of white papers you like
- Subject matter experts you’ll want to use as sources
- Types of resources we’ll use for research
- Potential white paper titles
- Call to action, i.e., what you want readers to do after they read your white paper
This 4- to 5-page action plan serves as a creative brief, and it’s essential to ensuring a successful project. That’s why I ask new clients who want a white paper to start with a white paper action plan.
Once you receive the white paper action plan, we can decide to move ahead with a white paper together. Or feel free to give it to a staff writer or another white paper writer of your choice.
White papers are an effective content marketing tactic for B2B products and services. They are one of the top six most preferred tactics for B2B marketers, according to the 2018 Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends—North America.
They often fall into one of three categories:
- a friendly set of tips or suggestions
- a new solution to a problem
- a deep dive into the features and benefits of a new B2B product or service
White papers range from 6 to 10 pages. The page count is determined by several factors, including complexity of the topic, number of sources used, and amount of research required.
As a freelance white paper writer, I do the following for each white paper:
- Write executive summary
- Conduct detailed research
- Interview subject matter experts
- Offer suggested pull quotes, sidebars
- Write footnotes
- Provide list of sources
- Do up to 2 revisions
- Deliver final white paper as a Word document
If you need help with design, I can also connect you with designers who can do the layout for you as well.
Additional White Paper Writing Services
Once you’ve invested in a white paper, you can repurpose it to create additional content to help get the word out. Consider these options:
- A number of blog posts gleaned from your white paper
- Landing page copy
- Press release
I can write those for you at an additional cost. All content is based on the existing white paper. Read this blog post to find out how to repurpose your white paper.
White Paper/Ebook Writing Samples
- Ebook: Why every CEO needs a peer advisory group
- White Paper: 2017 State of Scrum report
- White Paper: SoCal Technology Experts Examine the Impact of Technology Trends on Business and Beyond
- Ebook: Why a Mobile-Friendly Website is a Smart Business Decision
- Executive summary for AMA San Diego award submission
- Available upon request: White paper for a well-known leadership training firm
Ready to Hire a White Paper Writer?
If you’ve got a white paper project, I’d love to hear about it. Contact me to get started.
Ebooks vs. White Papers
White Paper Checklist
Use this handy white paper checklist before getting starting on your project.
“I hired Bonnie to write an ebook for me. She is a gifted writer who used existing materials and a short interview with me to capture what I needed. She was easy to work worth throughout the process, and she turned in copy promptly. I was quite pleased with the result and would hire Bonnie again.”
— Mary-Jo Lipman, Director of Communications, Vistage Worldwide