White Paper/Ebook Writing Services
White papers and ebooks are a great way to position your company as a thought leader and to generate leads.
In fact, they’re among the top 10 most preferred tactics for B2B marketers, according to the 2020 Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends—North America report.
They can also be complicated projects that require someone with the writing chops and project management skills to ensure you get what you want.
As a white paper writer, I can help you with the following:
- Define all the variables of a white paper, from business goals to headlines, with a white paper action plan. This will keep your project on track.
- Write the white paper, so you have more time to manage other content tasks in your department.
- Provide you additional services, such as landing page copy or blog posts derived from the white paper, so you maximize your marketing dollars.
White Paper or Ebook: What’s Right for You?
White papers and ebooks allow you to present a set of tips or suggestions, or expand on a new solution to a problem. However, the difference between them is often tone, visual presentation, and length.
White papers tend to have an academic presentation and tone. They usually provide citations, references, and quotes from sources. They might even indicate an author, even if it’s ghostwritten. But so can ebooks.
Typically, they range anywhere from four to 10 pages. White papers may be equated with technology and science, but they’re used in all sorts of industries.
eBooks have a lighter, friendlier tone, The average length of an ebook is 12-20 pages, but those pages tend to have a lot of visual appeal and white space.
Some ebooks can be quite lengthy. One of my favorites is 52 Headline Hacks by Jon Morrow of CopyBlogger about headlines. It’s more than 50 pages.
Ultimately, the style, tone and format you choose is up to you.
White Paper/Ebook Writing Samples
- White Paper: How to Communicate Your EMR Implementation with Staff and Patients
- Ebook: Why every CEO needs a peer advisory group
- White Paper: 2017 State of Scrum report
- White Paper: SoCal Technology Experts Examine the Impact of Technology Trends on Business and Beyond
- Ebook: Why a Mobile-Friendly Website is a Smart Business Decision
- Executive summary for AMA San Diego award submission
- Available upon request: White paper for a well-known leadership training firm
White Paper Tips
- 4 Ways to Repurpose Your White Paper into More Content
- 8 Tips to Help Executives Prepare for the White Paper Interview
- 5 Tips for Creating White Paper Landing Pages that Convert
- How to Write a Great White Paper that Generates Quality Leads
Ready to Hire a Writer for Your White Paper or Ebook?
If you’ve got an intriguing project, I’d love to hear about it. Contact me to get started.
White Paper Checklist
Use this handy white paper checklist before getting starting on your project.
“I hired Bonnie to write an ebook for me. She is a gifted writer who used existing materials and a short interview with me to capture what I needed. She was easy to work worth throughout the process, and she turned in copy promptly. I was quite pleased with the result.”
— Mary-Jo Lipman, Director of Communications, Vistage Worldwide